POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : #declaring a #declare : #declaring a #declare Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  #declaring a #declare
From: David Burnett
Date: 19 Sep 2001 14:46:24
Message: <1000928816@bigfoot.com>
I'm playing with the source to LParser to add a few new formats,
including a couple of pov-ray ones. While creating a example pov file I
came across what I would classify is unexpected behaviour.

In texture.inc Jade is declared as....

#declare Jade =
pigment {
    marble
    turbulence 1.8
    color_map { Jade_Map }
}

if in my pov file I use

#declare texture_3  = texture {Jade}

I get a warning

Parsing.........setup.pov:13: warning: Found pigment identifier that should be in
pigment statement.

however if I use

#declare texture_3  = texture {
pigment {
    marble
    turbulence 1.8
    color_map { Jade_Map }
}
}

I don't get a warning.

So what is going on, is this the expected behaviour, how do I get around
it.

Dave
--
Posted By NewsBe 1.6.4