POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make White on White Server Time
5 Sep 2024 08:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  How to make White on White (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Hershel Robinson
Subject: How to make White on White
Date: 12 Aug 2001 15:24:58
Message: <3b76d80a@news.povray.org>
Hello, ray tracers.  I am a newbie.  I am the newest newbie that there ever
was--my first ray tracing was today!  I figured I would try my hand at
ray-tracing with a practical assignment.  One of my clients (I am a
programmer) needs new buttons for his web site.  I have made the base for a
lovely button, but the background is not coming up white.

How do I make the background come out white?  I, like any newbie, figured a
white light on a white plane would come out white!  Please enlighten me and
my image.

I have included my code below.

Thanks,
Hershel

#include "colors.inc"

#declare Cam1 = camera { location<-2,0,0>
                         look_at <0,0,0>}
#declare Cam3 = camera { location<0,2,-8>
                         look_at <0,1,0>}
camera{Cam3}

light_source{<-2,15,-15> color White}

blob {
    threshold .65
    cylinder { <0,0,0>, <4,0,0>, 1, 1 }
    cylinder { <0,1,0>, <4,1,0>, 1, 1 }
    cylinder { <0,.5,0>, <4,.5,0>, 1, 1 }
    pigment { Blue }
    finish { phong 1 }
  }
plane {<0,0,-1>, .25
       pigment {color White}
      }

Post a reply to this message

> How do I make the background come out white?  I, like any newbie, figured
You can just put a line like that:

background { rgb <1, 1, 1> }

And if you want another color just change the rgb values.

Post a reply to this message