POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make White on White : Re: How to make White on White Server Time
5 Sep 2024 06:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make White on White
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Aug 2001 15:16:03
Message: <chrishuff-6EC131.14130613082001@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3b76d80a@news.povray.org>,
 "Hershel Robinson" <her### [at] yahoocom> wrote:

> How do I make the background come out white?  I, like any newbie, figured a
> white light on a white plane would come out white!  Please enlighten me and
> my image.

The problem is that by default, not all light that hits will reflect
(60% actually, the default value of diffuse in the finish is 0.6), and
also that the light that hits the plane at a steeper angle won't
illuminate it as brightly. The "brilliance" parameter controls this
falloff...
Try this:
finish {
    ambient 0