POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture declarations and object grouping Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Texture declarations and object grouping (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: The Cegorach
Subject: Texture declarations and object grouping
Date: 5 Feb 2001 09:16:23
Message: <u7dt7t4d0icvdmt1h1nv954dlebkd0ucg1@4ax.com>
Hi, everyone.

I'm a newbie, and object declaration is starting to sink in...can't
believe how much simpler this makes things!  (grin)

I wish to render a quasi-Classical temple complex scene.

If I group objects with similar textures, will this save rendering
time?

For example, in my declaration of a "Column," I included the texture
I wish to use.

There are currently approximately 20-30 columns, and there will
certainly be more before I'm done.

Is there any advantage to grouping all of the columns around a
particular building in one declared group, and defining their texture
at that group level, as opposed to leaving the texture declaration
within the declaration of "Column?"

Right now, with only a few objects, I don't think I'd be able to spot
any difference in render time, or I'd just do it a few times each way
and see for myself.

Post a reply to this message