POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Texture declarations and object grouping : Re: Texture declarations and object grouping Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Texture declarations and object grouping
From: Tom Melly
Date: 5 Feb 2001 14:57:09
Message: <3a7f0595$1@news.povray.org>
"Margus Ramst" <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message
> The Cegorach wrote:

> However, bear in mind that the two methods usually do not yield identical
> results.

Yes - I thought of mentioning this. Actually, I thought of it the other way
around - if you're creating "natural" objects, such as columns that have
been weathered, then generally it makes sense to position your objects first
and texture later otherwise it can be very obvious that similiar objects are
using identical patterns, so:

union{
    object{my_column}
    translate <A,B,C>