POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Definite rules for object attributes Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Definite rules for object attributes (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Kaveh
Subject: Definite rules for object attributes
Date: 27 Oct 2002 07:11:44
Message: <1fkpo7y.kvodrw179yp72N%kaveh@delete_this.focalimage.com>
After a long time spent with the manual, tutorials, etc, I am still not
quite sure about the rules of assigning attributes like texture, color,
pigment, etc. I think that part of the reason for my confusion is that
povray allows shortcuts, like pigment outside a texture environment. I
still find myself having to look at examples to get this right every
time.

Can anyone point me to a good tutorial on this?

--
Kaveh

Post a reply to this message

> After a long time spent with the manual, tutorials, etc, I am still not
> quite sure about the rules of assigning attributes like texture, color,
> pigment, etc. I think that part of the reason for my confusion is that
> povray allows shortcuts, like pigment outside a texture environment. I
> still find myself having to look at examples to get this right every
> time.

Just keep at it -- eventually it will get through ( if it did for me, I
know it
will for you! ;-) )  and you won't have to keep referring _as often_.
When you get to the point where you start dreaming in POV SDL, I think
you'll be kinda' scary....
-Mark W

Post a reply to this message

Mark M. Wilson <mrm### [at] attnet> wrote:

> Kaveh wrote:
>
> > After a long time spent with the manual, tutorials, etc, I am still not
> > quite sure about the rules of assigning attributes like texture, color,
> > pigment, etc. I think that part of the reason for my confusion is that
> > povray allows shortcuts, like pigment outside a texture environment. I
> > still find myself having to look at examples to get this right every
> > time.
> >

> Just keep at it -- eventually it will get through ( if it did for me, I
> know it
> will for you! ;-) )  and you won't have to keep referring _as often_.
> When you get to the point where you start dreaming in POV SDL, I think
> you'll be kinda' scary....
> -Mark W

Good to know I'm not the only one. ;-)

--