POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spotlight confusion Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Spotlight confusion (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Dawn McKnight
Subject: Spotlight confusion
Date: 10 Aug 2002 00:52:47
Message: <3D549C2A.70802@mac.com>
I'm trying to use a spotlight, and getting some results that aren't what
I expected.  Please forgive me for dropping a code fragment in here...

	light_source {
		<0, -3.4515, -1.701>
		color White
		spotlight
		radius 40
		falloff 60
		tightness 0
		point_at <0, -3.1989, -60>
		}

I expected to see a cone of illumination along the surface of my
model... and I did, sort of... but the intensity of the light was much
lower than I expected, and instead of reaching all the way to the
point_at location, it faded within ten units of the source.

Can someone suggest how to turn up the intensity?

Post a reply to this message