POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Spotlight confusion : Re: Spotlight confusion Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spotlight confusion
From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 10 Aug 2002 10:09:59
Message: <chrishuff-124B3A.09001410082002@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3D5### [at] maccom>, Dawn McKnight <blu### [at] maccom>
wrote:

> I expected to see a cone of illumination along the surface of my
> model... and I did, sort of... but the intensity of the light was much
> lower than I expected, and instead of reaching all the way to the
> point_at location, it faded within ten units of the source.

Probably due to the angle of the surface to the light direction. You
could lower the brilliance value of the surface finish, but that will
affect all shading of that surface.

> Can someone suggest how to turn up the intensity?

Specify a brighter color for the light source. Values > 1 are perfectly
acceptable, they will just wash things out in some cases. You can even
specify negative values, though that isn't realistic.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/