POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Polyhedra Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Polyhedra (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Jakob Kosowski
Subject: Polyhedra
Date: 6 Feb 2001 08:06:40
Message: <3a7ff6e0$1@news.povray.org>
Could someone tell my how to make polyhedra in POVRay?
I've tried it for weeks and didn't succeed...

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Subject: Re: Polyhedra
Date: 6 Feb 2001 08:26:36
Message: <3a7ffb8c@news.povray.org>
Jakob Kosowski <jak### [at] obilotde> wrote:
: Could someone tell my how to make polyhedra in POVRay?

  It depends on what kind of polyhedra you want. How many faces? Regular,
irregular? If irregular, how many different faces? How many sides per face?

--
char*i="b[7FK@`3NB6>B:b3O6>:B:b3O6><`3:;8:6f733:>::b?7B>:>^B>C73;S1";
main(_,c,m){for(m=32;c=*i++-49;c&m?puts(""):m)for(_=(

Post a reply to this message

> It depends on what kind of polyhedra you want. How many faces? Regular,
> irregular? If irregular, how many different faces? How many sides per
face?

Regular. I mean Tetrahedron, Hexahedron (i can do that with a box),
Octahedron,
Dodecahedron and Icosahedron.

Post a reply to this message

They are all in the standard include file 'shapes2.inc'. See that file fore
details. So:

#include "shapes2.inc"

object{Tetrahedron pigment{White} ...}
object{Octahedron ...}
object{Dodecahedron ...}
object{Icosahedron ...}

You can even do

object{Hexagon ...}

tough I don't know if that makes scenes. Isn't it always better just to use a box
for that?

- Micha

Jakob Kosowski wrote:

> > It depends on what kind of polyhedra you want. How many faces? Regular,
> > irregular? If irregular, how many different faces? How many sides per
> face?
>
> Regular. I mean Tetrahedron, Hexahedron (i can do that with a box),
> Octahedron,
> Dodecahedron and Icosahedron.

--
Micha Riser       email address: mri### [at] gmxnet
http://www.povworld.de/   The World of POV-Ray!

Post a reply to this message