POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Scanline rendering? Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Scanline rendering? (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Josh English
Subject: Scanline rendering?
Date: 16 Jan 2001 16:06:50
Message: <3A64B833.2478737D@spiritone.com>
I feel kind of silly asking this, so I'll ask it here. I've been ray
tracing for at least six years with POV-Ray, and I keep hearing about
scanline rendering, and I'm wondering what the diference is between ray
tracing and scan-line. I'm sure its something simple but the explanation
escapes me. Can someone throw me a hint or link or something?

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom

Scanline just follows the objects surfaces without tying them in with simulated
light rays, at least that's my understanding.  Bah! Why try and explain what I
don't know.
Check out these web pages:

http://www.3dgate.com/techniques/000424/0424rendering1.html

http://www.geocities.com/jamisbuck/raytracing.html    A familiar name.  Tells
about raytracing though.

Bob H.

"Josh English" <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote in message
> I feel kind of silly asking this, so I'll ask it here. I've been ray
> tracing for at least six years with POV-Ray, and I keep hearing about
> scanline rendering, and I'm wondering what the diference is between ray
> tracing and scan-line. I'm sure its something simple but the explanation
> escapes me. Can someone throw me a hint or link or something?

Post a reply to this message