POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image Server Time
5 Sep 2024 14:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Bill Brehm
Subject: Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image
Date: 26 Sep 2000 12:38:23
Message: <39d0d0ff@news.povray.org>
I want to place a stop watch type counter in the lower right corner of an
animation. I has the animation working and the stop watch text too. I have
some problems:

1) I can't figure out the formula for rotating a text object so it is
parallel to the image plane and upright as the camera sees it. I've tried
all kinds of vector functions, be can't figure it out.

2) Ideally, the rotation and position and size of the text object should be
based on camera parameters, like look_at and position and sky, etc., so I
can move the camera and have the stopwatch stay in the same location on the
images.

3) I want to do the stopwatch in such a way that it doesn't have any
perspective distortion. Ideally, it should look like it was superimposed on
the image after the rendering.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Bill.

Post a reply to this message

>I want to place a stop watch type counter in the lower right corner of
>an animation. I has the animation working and the stop watch text too.
>I have some problems:

John VanSickle posted something that might be helpfull, have a look here: