POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image : Re: Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image
From: Rune
Date: 1 Oct 2000 16:36:21
Message: <39d7a045@news.povray.org>
"Bill Brehm" wrote:
> At CamZoom = 1, I can see the sphere beginning to distort.
> With low CamZooms of 0.1, the sphere gets really stretched out.
<snip>
> I notice with text (replacing the sphere) that has depth, that
> the depth is more visible the further the text is from the
> center of the field of view.

Both of those problems are caused by the fact that your stopwatch etc. are
actual parts of the scene, and are thus affected by the perspective of the
scene (and lightning and other effects).

To avoid completely the scene affecting your stopwatch etc., you have to
render them seperately, and then insert an image of them in your scene.

So you make another scene where only your stopwatch etc. are visible. You
turn on the alpha channel and output to a png file, or a sequence of png
files if you want it to be animated.

In your actual scene you place the prior rendered images just in front of
the camera.
To include the right image in the right frame you can use the code below.

This example will include "watch01.png" to "watch35.png".

#declare SequenceName = "watch"
#declare SequenceLength = 35;
#declare Cyclic = false;

#declare NumberLength = int(log(SequenceLength)/log(10)+1);
#declare ImageNumber = int(clock*(SequenceLength-(1-Cyclic)+0.00001)+1);

#declare ImageName = concat(
   SequenceName,
   str(ImageNumber,-NumberLength,0),
   ".png"
)

You can use the image_map like this: image_map {png ImageName once}
And then use VanSickle's code to place it in front of the camera.

Greetings,

Rune
\ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated October 1)
/ Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org