POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image : Re: Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Placing a stopwatch in a fixed position on the image
From: Chris Huff
Date: 26 Sep 2000 16:58:22
Message: <chrishuff-274FF5.16003426092000@news.povray.org>
In article <39d0d0ff@news.povray.org>, "Bill Brehm"
<bbr### [at] netzeronet> wrote:

> I want to place a stop watch type counter in the lower right corner
> of an animation. I has the animation working and the stop watch text
> too. I have some problems:

In MegaPOV, this could be done with post_process filters and the object
pattern...use the multiply filter with a black and white pigment to
black out the area that will be covered by the watch, and then use the
add filter to overlay the image of the watch. Use the object pattern to
generate the watch image and the mask(though that won't work if you want
a rendered watch, in which case you might have to use image_maps and/or
a more complex sequence of filters).

--
Christopher James Huff

<><