POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : sphere_sweep Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  sphere_sweep (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: christof schuler
Subject: sphere_sweep
Date: 2 Nov 1999 02:18:49
Message: <381E900D.6AE882A1@t-online.de>
Hy,

I try to use sphere_sweep, but it does not work and I do not know why. I
heard of the possibilty of a sphere sweep but I do not find anything
about it in my help. So I took an example/question I found at this forum
(30.5.1998), but it does not work.

#include "colors.inc"

  background { color Cyan }
  camera {
    location <0.1, 1, -0.3>
    look_at  <-0.6,0.7,0.6>
  }

  light_source { <2, 4, -3> color White}

sphere_sweep {
       b_spline_sphere_sweep
       10,
        <       -0.615060,        0.768933,       -0.092573>, 0.01
        <       -0.614697,        0.769911,       -0.087683>, 0.01
        <       -0.614641,        0.770063,       -0.086920>, 0.01
        <       -0.614346,        0.770897,       -0.082002>, 0.01
        <       -0.613083,        0.773789,       -0.054290>, 0.01
        <       -0.612903,        0.773932,       -0.049295>, 0.01
        <       -0.612875,        0.773955,       -0.048514>, 0.01
        <       -0.612801,        0.774131,       -0.043586>, 0.01
        <       -0.612839,        0.774058,       -0.038596>, 0.01
        <       -0.612875,        0.773669,       -0.033612>, 0.01

        texture {pigment {color Green}}
        }

I suppose, that I still need an include-file. The text "sphere_sweep {
b_spline_sphere_sweep" keeps black in the povray-editor and the
error-message "object or directive expexted but undeclared identifier
'sphere_sweep' found instead" comes.

Post a reply to this message

> I try to use sphere_sweep, but it does not work and I do not know why. I
> heard of the possibilty of a sphere sweep but I do not find anything
> about it in my help. So I took an example/question I found at this forum
> (30.5.1998), but it does not work.

> I suppose, that I still need an include-file. The text "sphere_sweep {
> b_spline_sphere_sweep" keeps black in the povray-editor and the
> error-message "object or directive expexted but undeclared identifier
> 'sphere_sweep' found instead" comes.

  This feature is not part of the official version of POV-Ray and
requires one of the patched versions of the program to use it. I
am pretty sure that the SuperPatch has this included and can be
downloaded at:

http://www2.fwi.com/~parkerr/superpatch/

--
Ken Tyler -  1100+ Povray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links: