POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image map on paper Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Image map on paper (Message 1 to 10 of 13)
From: Saadat Saeed
Subject: Image map on paper
Date: 12 Sep 1999 01:34:28
Message: <37db3b64@news.povray.org>
I have created a paper on PovRay and have mapped a scanned newspaper onto
it. Now, the scanned newpaper appears on both sides on the newspaper.
Oneside is what I want and the other side is in reverse. I'd like to keep
the other side blank AND/OR and different image map on the other side. Can
anyone guide me to the two different possibilities?

BR/Saadat Saeed

Post a reply to this message

> I have created a paper on PovRay and have mapped a scanned newspaper onto
> it. Now, the scanned newpaper appears on both sides on the newspaper.
> Oneside is what I want and the other side is in reverse. I'd like to keep
> the other side blank AND/OR and different image map on the other side. Can
> anyone guide me to the two different possibilities?
>
> BR/Saadat Saeed

Use two papers, one with image_map the other without (or with a different one)
and slightly translate the second down (relative to its orientation).

Good luck,

Remco

Post a reply to this message

Just to confirm, if I can, I believe Remco has the only answer there
is for that.  All objects are sort of one-sided while also being
double-sided, if that makes any sense. At least for the purposes of
texturing.  Takes the two objects then to make a true piece of paper.
Semi-transparency is another matter, in which case you'd want to make
the underside page a little filtered.

Bob

Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in message
> Saadat Saeed wrote:
> >
> > I have created a paper on PovRay and have mapped a scanned
newspaper onto
> > it. Now, the scanned newpaper appears on both sides on the
newspaper.
> > Oneside is what I want and the other side is in reverse. I'd like
to keep
> > the other side blank AND/OR and different image map on the other
side. Can
> > anyone guide me to the two different possibilities?
> >
> > BR/Saadat Saeed
>
> Use two papers, one with image_map the other without (or with a
different one)
> and slightly translate the second down (relative to its
orientation).

> Good luck,
>
> Remco

Post a reply to this message