POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image map on paper : Re: Image map on paper Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image map on paper
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 Sep 1999 13:35:35
Message: <37dbe467@news.povray.org>
Just to confirm, if I can, I believe Remco has the only answer there
is for that.  All objects are sort of one-sided while also being
double-sided, if that makes any sense. At least for the purposes of
texturing.  Takes the two objects then to make a true piece of paper.
Semi-transparency is another matter, in which case you'd want to make
the underside page a little filtered.

Bob

Remco de Korte <rem### [at] xs4allnl> wrote in message
> Saadat Saeed wrote:
> >
> > I have created a paper on PovRay and have mapped a scanned
newspaper onto
> > it. Now, the scanned newpaper appears on both sides on the
newspaper.
> > Oneside is what I want and the other side is in reverse. I'd like
to keep
> > the other side blank AND/OR and different image map on the other
side. Can
> > anyone guide me to the two different possibilities?
> >
> > BR/Saadat Saeed
>
> Use two papers, one with image_map the other without (or with a
different one)
> and slightly translate the second down (relative to its
orientation).