POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 18:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Chuck Roberts
Subject: POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes
Date: 26 Aug 1999 12:56:05
Message: <37C571E9.D9BA67B0@accn.org>
I have POV 3.02 and win 98. My PC has an ATI video card and 256MB of
ram. When I render a certain scene POV crashes most of the time with an
Invalid Page Fault in PVENGINE.EXE at 017f:something. Is this a bug?

How can I fix this? Here is the scene I'm doing.
#version 3
#include "colors.inc"
global_settings
{assumed_gamma 1.0
}
#default {texture {pigment { color Red } } };
// ----------------------------------------
camera
{ location  <0.0, 1.5, -6.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     4/3*x
  look_at   <0.0, 1.5,  6.0>
}

/*sky_sphere
{ pigment
  { gradient y
    color_map { [0.0 color blue 0.6] [1.0 color rgb 1] }
  }
}
*/

light_source
{ 0*x // light's position (translated below)
  color red 1.0  green 1.0  blue 1.0  // light's color
  translate <-10, 20, 20>
}

// ----------------------------------------

#declare earth_z = 60; //earth pos on z axis
#declare ast_z = -30;
#declare moon_z = -1;

box {-0.5, 0.5 // a unit sized box used for background image
 texture
   { pigment
     { image_map { sys "galaxy.bmp"
         //interpolate 2
         }
       translate -0.5 // center the image to the box
     }
    }
  scale <50,50,50> //make it bigger
  translate <5,0,earth_z+10>
}

//Earth
sphere
{<0,0,0> 1
  texture  { pigment
    { image_map
      { sys "earthmap.bmp" // supports gif, tga, png, sys (bmp)
        map_type 1    // 1=spherical mapping
        //interpolate 2 // smooth it
      }
        rotate<0,0,180>      //rotate on Y axis over n frames
    } //pigment
    finish {ambient 0.3}
  } //texture
  translate <0,0,earth_z>
}

//moon
sphere
{<0,0,0> .5
  texture  { pigment
    { image_map
      { sys "moonmap.bmp" // supports gif, tga, png, sys (bmp, use OS2
subformat)
        map_type 1    // 1=spherical mapping
        interpolate 2 // smooth it
      }
      // transform it to unit-size (-1 to +1)
        rotate <0,180,180>
    }
    finish {ambient 0.3}
  }
  translate <2,0,moon_z> // center on the origin
}

// create a smooth blobby shape
#declare StrengthVal = 1.0 // (+ or -) strength of component's radiating
density
#declare RadiusVal   = 1.0 // (0 < RadiusVal) outer sphere of influence
on other components
blob
{
  // threshold (0.0 < threshold <= StrengthVal) surface falloff
threshold #
  threshold 0.6
  sphere { < 0.20,   0,    0>, StrengthVal, RadiusVal }
  sphere { <-0.375,  0.25, 0>, StrengthVal, RadiusVal }
  // [sturm]
  scale 2
  texture { pigment { DarkBrown }
// texture pigment/normal pattern
   normal { crackle 0.8 turbulence 0.8 }
    }
  translate <1,-2,0>
  scale .5
}

/*#include "c:\chuck\zip\pov\rock.inc"
  texture {pigment {color DarkBrown }
     normal { crackle 0.8 turbulence 0.8 }
  }
  translate <3.50,0,10>
  }*/
#include "c:\chuck\zip\pov\rock2.inc" //a large mesh
  texture {pigment {color DarkBrown }
     normal { crackle 0.8 turbulence 0.8 }
  }
  translate <6.50,0,10>
  }
#include "c:\chuck\zip\pov\rock3.inc" // a mesh with lots of triangles
  texture {pigment {color DarkBrown }}
  translate <3.50,-4.5,10>
  }

Post a reply to this message