POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes : Re: POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes
From: Ken
Date: 26 Aug 1999 13:05:26
Message: <37C573A1.3BF54583@pacbell.net>
Chuck Roberts wrote:

> I have POV 3.02 and win 98. My PC has an ATI video card and 256MB of
> ram. When I render a certain scene POV crashes most of the time with an
> Invalid Page Fault in PVENGINE.EXE at 017f:something. Is this a bug?
>
> How can I fix this? Here is the scene I'm doing.

  You have so many file elements in your scene that are external,
image maps and include files, that it would be nearly impossible to
debug this for you. What I suggest you do is play detective a little
bit and start commenting things out of the scene until the crash stops
occurring. Once you find out which part of the scene is causing the
problem get back to us and we will see if we can offer a solution.

  One thing you should be aware of is if it is a bug in pov v3.02 the
pov team will not care. You really should upgrade to Pov v3.1g since
pov v3.1 was introduced for the most part to address many bug related
issues and you could very well be experiencing one of those now.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: