POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes : Re: POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes Server Time
5 Sep 2024 20:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 3.02 and win 98 crashes
From: Ken
Date: 26 Aug 1999 15:33:54
Message: <37C5966C.587F5676@pacbell.net>
Chuck Roberts wrote:

> First, I wanted POV 3.02 to be compatible with so many other scenes out
> there. Pov 3.1 doesn't support 'halo' and uses 'material' for textures.
>
> Second, when I comment out the box, it works fine and I don't get an
> IPF.
>
> Thank you Ken.

Try changing your .bmp file to a .tga and use the code below. I tried to get
any .bmp file to work with my install of Pov v3.01r1 and could not get it to
accept it. Once I changed to .tga I had no problems. By the way if you are
concerned with backward compatibility you can install the newer version of
Pov into a different directory and run both versions. I have about 6 different
Pov versions and patches all running somewhat harmoniously together on my
system. There are some registry issues to contend with but they are not
insurmountable.

#declare earth_z = 60; //earth pos on z axis
#declare ast_z = -30;
#declare moon_z = -1;

box {-0.5, 0.5 // a unit sized box used for background image
 texture
   { pigment
     { image_map { tga "galaxy.tga"
         //interpolate 2
         }
       translate -0.5 // center the image to the box
     }
    }
  scale <50,50,50> //make it bigger
  translate <5,0,earth_z+10>
}

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: