POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : lighting problem Server Time
6 Sep 2024 08:09:48 EDT (-0400)
  lighting problem (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Chris Field
Subject: lighting problem
Date: 8 Jan 1999 05:40:10
Message: <3695e08a.0@news.povray.org>
im having a strange problem with rendering spotlights in a scene filled with
atmosphere in 3.02.
its hard to explain, so please look at
http://www.deakin.edu.au/~cafield/light.jpg if you think you can help me
out.
i've tried altering all of the variables in the atmosphere, but nothing
seems to work.

thanks, Chris.

Post a reply to this message

From: Bob Hughes
Subject: Re: lighting problem
Date: 8 Jan 1999 07:58:24
Message: <369600F1.735134F7@aol.com>
You didn't mention what you were looking for it to be like, brighter
beams of light I suppose though, right?
In 3.0* the atmosphere brightens when scattering is lowered typically
due to the fact that scattering also causes light to also diminish as it
increases. You could try atmospheric_attenuation off in the lights and
that might remedy it also (leave atmosphere on). I'm quickly forgetting
how POV 3.02 works but this should help.

--
 omniVERSE: beyond the universe
=Bob

Post a reply to this message