POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POVRAY and memory Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:12:35 EDT (-0400)
  POVRAY and memory (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: MB
Subject: POVRAY and memory
Date: 17 Aug 1998 12:56:55
Message: <35d852c7.0@news.povray.org>
Hi All,

I was wondering if it is usefull to add memory to my system (curr. 48 MB
ram) and if povray will speed up by adding extra memory. Using W98, the
swapfile becomes 50-70 MB. How much memory is considered a working amount?

Thanks in advance,
MB
max### [at] ddsnlnospam
remove the nospam before reply

Post a reply to this message

> I was wondering if it is usefull to add memory to my system (curr. 48 MB
> ram) and if povray will speed up by adding extra memory. Using W98, the
> swapfile becomes 50-70 MB. How much memory is considered a working amount?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> MB
> max### [at] ddsnlnospam
> remove the nospam before reply

Well... I'm currently rendering an image with ~900 objects,
textures maps, height_fields, and etc, and it ask for about
20 megs of memory.  I'm not sure you need to buy more ram...

Then again, I have 128 Meg on my PC :-)

Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. Student.
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topics: data compression,
pig### [at] jspumontrealca          signal processing,
ste### [at] researchattcom           non stationnary signals
                                  and wavelets.
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon

Post a reply to this message