POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POVRAY and memory : Re: POVRAY and memory Server Time
6 Sep 2024 10:10:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY and memory
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 17 Aug 1998 17:24:46
Message: <35D891D0.5DEF312D@iro.umontreal.ca>
MB wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if it is usefull to add memory to my system (curr. 48 MB
> ram) and if povray will speed up by adding extra memory. Using W98, the
> swapfile becomes 50-70 MB. How much memory is considered a working amount?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> MB
> max### [at] ddsnlnospam
> remove the nospam before reply

Well... I'm currently rendering an image with ~900 objects,
textures maps, height_fields, and etc, and it ask for about
20 megs of memory.  I'm not sure you need to buy more ram...

Then again, I have 128 Meg on my PC :-)

Best,

    S.

Steven Pigeon                     Ph. D. Student.
University of Montreal.
pig### [at] iroumontrealca           Topics: data compression,
pig### [at] jspumontrealca          signal processing,
ste### [at] researchattcom           non stationnary signals
                                  and wavelets.
         http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~pigeon