POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : isosurface pov Server Time
6 Sep 2024 12:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  isosurface pov (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ross Litscher
Subject: isosurface pov
Date: 18 Jul 1998 02:21:26
Message: <35B030EC.3EAF@mail.iagnet.net>
I just downloaded the isosurface patch. I have seen some crazy things
done with this along the line of landscapes and such. I tried searching
the web for some info, but only came up with some download sites for the
patch. Does anyone know of some site that could give me some more
information on how to use the isosurface patch? Thanks

Ross
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by
your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we
borrow it from our Children."

I have already heard of the isosurface patch. Can you tell me where you
downloaded it from ?

H.Fabien

Ross Litscher wrote:

> I just downloaded the isosurface patch. I have seen some crazy things
> done with this along the line of landscapes and such. I tried searching
> the web for some info, but only came up with some download sites for the
> patch. Does anyone know of some site that could give me some more
> information on how to use the isosurface patch? Thanks
>
> Ross
> "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by
> your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
> We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we
> borrow it from our Children."

The site I know of for the iso surface patch is :
 http://www.public.usit.net/rsuzuki/e/povray/iso/index.html

--
ANTI SPAM / ANTI ARROSAGE COMMERCIAL :

To answer me, please take out the Z from my address.

Post a reply to this message

On Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:21:48 -0400, Ross Litscher
<lit### [at] mailiagnetnet> wrote:
>I just downloaded the isosurface patch. I have seen some crazy things
>done with this along the line of landscapes and such. I tried searching
>the web for some info, but only came up with some download sites for the
>patch. Does anyone know of some site that could give me some more
>information on how to use the isosurface patch? Thanks

If you go to R. Suzuki's page, where you probably downloaded the patch from,
and go up a directory from where the patch is, you will find the previous
version of the patch, with documentation.  I think the documentation for the
older version was more useful.

I was in the process of writing better documentation for the isosurface and
other included patches, but I have never gotten around to finishing it.

Post a reply to this message

> On Sat, 18 Jul 1998 01:21:48 -0400, Ross Litscher
> <lit### [at] mailiagnetnet> wrote:
> >I just downloaded the isosurface patch. I have seen some crazy things
> >done with this along the line of landscapes and such. I tried searching
> >the web for some info, but only came up with some download sites for the
> >patch. Does anyone know of some site that could give me some more
> >information on how to use the isosurface patch? Thanks
>
> If you go to R. Suzuki's page, where you probably downloaded the patch from,
> and go up a directory from where the patch is, you will find the previous
> version of the patch, with documentation.  I think the documentation for the
> older version was more useful.
>
> I was in the process of writing better documentation for the isosurface and
> other included patches, but I have never gotten around to finishing it.

Thanks