POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : planetGenesis 1.0 Server Time
29 Mar 2024 04:06:34 EDT (-0400)
  planetGenesis 1.0 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: David Burnett
Subject: planetGenesis 1.0
Date: 28 Mar 2004 09:09:40
Message: <4066dca4@news.povray.org>
Finally a 'stable' release.

PlanetGenesis is a Planet and Terrain generator written in 100% Java.

PlanetGenesis generates 16 bit greyscale PNG bitmap textures as a basis
for height fields or displacement for planetary bodies and terrain

PlanetGenesis generates also generates POV or Wavefront meshes.

PlanetGenesis can be downloaded from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=50217&package_id=43746&release_id=227019.

Instructions can be found on its website http://planetgenesis.sf.net

A short demonstration video can be downloaded from
http://planetgenesis.sf.net/pg2.mp4

Dave

Post a reply to this message