POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : planetGenesis 1.0 : Re: planetGenesis 1.0 Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:41:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: planetGenesis 1.0
From: David Burnett
Date: 29 Mar 2004 06:44:31
Message: <40680c1f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> David Burnett <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
>
>>PlanetGenesis is a Planet and Terrain generator written in 100% Java.
>

>   Sorry for the inappropriate comment, but I'm just wondering what
> the "100%" is adding to the above information... (Just try reading
> it without the "100%". Does it change in any significant way?)

Just that there's no JNI, no 'c' libraries that you have to have
the correct versions, its all written in Java. It is close to redundant,
I'll happily admit to it, but as planetGenesis is BSD licensed and
the code is all up for grabs, its a confirmation that if you are
looking for some Java perlin noise code, java worley cell code, or
java PNG code this is a place to look, you won't be disappointed by
finding the codes in a DLL in some other language.

Dave