POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : planetGenesis 1.0 : Re: planetGenesis 1.0 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 02:36:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: planetGenesis 1.0
From: David Burnett
Date: 3 Apr 2004 16:43:21
Message: <406f2ff9$1@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:44:30 +0100, David Burnett
> <var### [at] ntlworldcom> wrote:
>

> Are you using some BSD-licensed PNG library in Java?

No I wrote my own code, which IS BSD licensed. All you need, compression
and CRC, is already in the standard Java API's.

As for completeness, it only writes 16bit greyscale PNG, and it only
supports two of the filters. That was good enough for my uses, when
you're generating noise which filter is used doesn't make a lot of
difference as long as one is used :-)

The code would be easy to extend though, and large parts of 8 bit
support is already written just not used.

Dave