POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : rendering in POVRay 3.6 for OS Server Time
17 Apr 2024 22:40:52 EDT (-0400)
  rendering in POVRay 3.6 for OS (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: MABLCI
Subject: rendering in POVRay 3.6 for OS
Date: 2 Oct 2004 23:35:00
Message: <web.415f729538d599ab68765b080@news.povray.org>
Dear discussion group,
I am new to this forum and using POVRay.
I am having trouble rendering images in POVRay 3.6.
I save the image in Swiss PDB Viewr 3.7 as Pov-Ray3 Scene
and open in PovRay 3.6. When I try to render the image under the render
menu, the "Start render" or "Start render queue" are not in "black" letters
and I cannot select them.
I don't know if I am missing something in the program or another program.
I read that the PovRay 3.6 for OS requires CarbonLib 1.6 which I couldn't
find
to download. However, I am running OS X 10.35 Panther so I'm not sure I need
CarbonLib.
Can someone give me a hand with this problem?
Thanks a lot.
Mark

Post a reply to this message

> I save the image in Swiss PDB Viewr 3.7 as Pov-Ray3 Scene
> and open in PovRay 3.6. When I try to render the image under the render
> menu, the "Start render" or "Start render queue" are not in "black" letters
> and I cannot select them.
> I don't know if I am missing something in the program or another program.

Your files do not have a ".pov" extension and you enabled "Allow rendering
of '.pov' files only".  Either you add a ".pov" extension or you go to the
Preferences dialog Files pane and disable the option.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde