POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
29 Mar 2024 03:06:27 EDT (-0400)
  [Q] POV-Ray in command line (Message 25 to 34 of 37)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 3 Messages >>>
From: Francois LE COAT
Subject: Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
Date: 30 May 2021 11:00:01
Message: <60b3a871$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

>> Bald Eagle writes:
..

>>> Nice.
>>> I modeled a drone propeller like that ... 7 years ago?
>>>
>>> <http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.53dd
26749e0d00ba5e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/propeller2_dragonfly.png?ttop=
432863&toff=950>

>> Great =)
>>
>> The goal is modelling the trajectory and the visible relief with a
>> simple video, using the images from Ingenuity's camera, like in :
>>
>> <https://hebergement.universite-paris-saclay.fr/lecoat/demoweb/tempora
l_disparity.html>

>> the video is <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzWu7zwdJSk> Do you
>> remember that we talked about translate <Tx,Ty,Tz>, rotate
>> <Rx,Ry,Rz> and shear (or skew) angles <Sx,Sy,0> for the camera ?
>> Then we can deduce the trajectory, and the monocular depth.
>>
>> You'll see what it gives on Mars, if you haven't seen it in a
>> forest, with a drone, in winter ... This is spectacular :-)
>
> I recently worked a little further on the trajectory of the drone...
>

> Instead of using uniquely Ry (yaw) and Tz (translation), I also used
> Tx (translation) and Rz (roll) to reconstruct the trajectory. I couldn'
> use Ty (translation) and Rx (pitch) because it is not looking like a
> valid camera displacement. I have no real explanation.
>
> But the aspect of the drone's trajectory is looking better ...

I worked on the sixth flight of the "Ingenuity" helicopter on Mars...

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKUAsuXF6EA>

Unfortunately, there was an incident with the dated flight information
and the video sources from the NASA aren't so good for processing :-(
I wish we will have a color video, from the second embedded camera :-)

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

--

<http://eureka.atari.org/>

Post a reply to this message

d26749e0d00ba5e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/propeller2_dragonfly.png?ttop
=432863&toff=950>

>>> Great =)
>>>
>>> The goal is modelling the trajectory and the visible relief with a
>>> simple video, using the images from Ingenuity's camera, like in :
>>>
>>> <https://hebergement.universite-paris-saclay.fr/lecoat/demoweb/tempor
al_disparity.html>

>>> the video is <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzWu7zwdJSk> Do you
>>> remember that we talked about translate <Tx,Ty,Tz>, rotate
>>> <Rx,Ry,Rz> and shear (or skew) angles <Sx,Sy,0> for the camera ?
>>> Then we can deduce the trajectory, and the monocular depth.
>>>
>>> You'll see what it gives on Mars, if you haven't seen it in a
>>> forest, with a drone, in winter ... This is spectacular :-)
>>
>> I recently worked a little further on the trajectory of the drone...
>>

>> Instead of using uniquely Ry (yaw) and Tz (translation), I also used
>> Tx (translation) and Rz (roll) to reconstruct the trajectory. I couldn
't
>> use Ty (translation) and Rx (pitch) because it is not looking like a
>> valid camera displacement. I have no real explanation.
>>
>> But the aspect of the drone's trajectory is looking better ...
>
> I worked on the sixth flight of the "Ingenuity" helicopter on Mars...
>

> Unfortunately, there was an incident with the dated flight information
> and the video sources from the NASA aren't so good for processing :-(
> I wish we will have a color video, from the second embedded camera :-)

If you read the comment from the NASA about the 8th flight of Ingenuity:

<https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/308>

you understand that there was no color camera acquisition for the 7th
and the 8th flight on Mars. This was due to the incident on the 6th
flight, and a conflict between acquisition of the two embedded cameras.
Let's hope for subsequent flights of the helicopter, that NASA has fixed
the horodating problem. Let's hope we will have a color video from Mars.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

--

<http://eureka.atari.org/>

Post a reply to this message

Francois LE COAT <lec### [at] atariorg> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> If you read the comment from the NASA about the 8th flight of Ingenuity:
>
> <https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/308>
>
> you understand that there was no color camera acquisition for the 7th
> and the 8th flight on Mars. This was due to the incident on the 6th
> flight, and a conflict between acquisition of the two embedded cameras.
> Let's hope for subsequent flights of the helicopter, that NASA has fixed
> the horodating problem. Let's hope we will have a color video from Mars.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
>
> <http://eureka.atari.org/>

Well done ! :-)
I hope too there will be colors for the next videos.
Your system seems to work quite well. Do you have the data for the actual
trajectory and can you quantify the accuracy of your reconstructed trajectory ?
Are you working directly with the Ingenuity team, or just using their public
data ?

Bonne continuation :-)

Pascal

Post a reply to this message

>> If you read the comment from the NASA about the 8th flight of Ingenuit
y:

>> <https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/308>
>>
>> you understand that there was no color camera acquisition for the 7th
>> and the 8th flight on Mars. This was due to the incident on the 6th
>> flight, and a conflict between acquisition of the two embedded cameras
.
>> Let's hope for subsequent flights of the helicopter, that NASA has fix
ed
>> the horodating problem. Let's hope we will have a color video from Mar
s.

> Well done ! :-)
> I hope too there will be colors for the next videos.

Oh, yes! We could only see static colors images for the moment. If it
moved, we could better have a representation of Ingenuity's motion.

> Your system seems to work quite well. Do you have the data for the actu
al
> trajectory and can you quantify the accuracy of your reconstructed traj
ectory ?

I have no "ground truth" about how the camera moves. NASA has data from
various sensors, because there is an IMU that is embedded. The comment
is explaining for the sixth flight, that those sensors are drifting...
"
If the navigation system relied on the IMU alone, it would not be very
accurate in the long run: Errors would quickly accumulate, and the
helicopter would eventually lose its way. To maintain better accuracy
over time, the IMU-based estimates are nominally corrected on a regular
basis, and this is where Ingenuity’s navigation camera comes in.
For the
majority of time airborne, the downward-looking navcams are taking 30
pictures a second of the Martian surface and immediately feeding them
into the helicopter’s navigation system.
" <https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/305>

Here's my result on 8th flight <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUh37x
pLT4>

> Are you working directly with the Ingenuity team, or just using their p
ublic
> data ?

I'm using public data. And those are extracted from real Mars data
acquired with the helicopter. NASA is not transmitting videos with
30 images/second. I have to deal with it. This is fantastic to work
on martian images, nevertheless :-)

> Bonne continuation :-)

Thanks for your interest.

> Pascal

Best regards,

--
François LE COAT
<http://eureka.atari.org/>

Post a reply to this message

>>> If you read the comment from the NASA about the 8th flight of Ingenui
ty:

>>> <https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/308>
>>>
>>> you understand that there was no color camera acquisition for the 7th

>>> and the 8th flight on Mars. This was due to the incident on the 6th
>>> flight, and a conflict between acquisition of the two embedded camera
s.
>>> Let's hope for subsequent flights of the helicopter, that NASA has fi
xed
>>> the horodating problem. Let's hope we will have a color video from Ma
rs.

>> Well done ! :-)
>> I hope too there will be colors for the next videos.
>
> Oh, yes! We could only see static colors images for the moment. If it
> moved, we could better have a representation of Ingenuity's motion.
>
>> Your system seems to work quite well. Do you have the data for the act
ual
>> trajectory and can you quantify the accuracy of your reconstructed
>> trajectory ?
>
> I have no "ground truth" about how the camera moves. NASA has data from

> various sensors, because there is an IMU that is embedded. The comment
> is explaining for the sixth flight, that those sensors are drifting...
> "
> If the navigation system relied on the IMU alone, it would not be very
> accurate in the long run: Errors would quickly accumulate, and the
> helicopter would eventually lose its way. To maintain better accuracy
> over time, the IMU-based estimates are nominally corrected on a regular

> basis, and this is where Ingenuity’s navigation camera comes in
. For the
> majority of time airborne, the downward-looking navcams are taking 30
> pictures a second of the Martian surface and immediately feeding them
> into the helicopter’s navigation system.
> " <https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/305>
>
> Here's my result on 8th flight
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRUh37xpLT4>
>
>> Are you working directly with the Ingenuity team, or just using their

>> public
>> data ?
>
> I'm using public data. And those are extracted from real Mars data
> acquired with the helicopter. NASA is not transmitting videos with
> 30 images/second. I have to deal with it. This is fantastic to work
> on martian images, nevertheless :-)
>
>> Bonne continuation :-)
>
> Thanks for your interest.
>
>> Pascal

Here is the first color image sequence from 9th flight on planet Mars:

	<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ug5BgZeNK4>

The algorithm driving Ingenuity is pushed to the limits...

	<https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/314>

I really look forward to look at a real film from this color camera!

Best regards,

--
François LE COAT
<http://eureka.atari.org/>