POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: Monocular Depth Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Monocular Depth
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 23 Jun 2022 08:30:02
Message: <62b45cca$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Francois LE COAT wrote:
>> To explain what I'm doing I've done a WEB page that is not yet finishe
d:

>> <https://hebergement.universite-paris-saclay.fr/lecoat/demoweb/tempora
l_disparity.html>

>> POV-Ray is totally appropriate to show what I'm doing, because it can
>> represent the eight parameters I'm obtaining from the camera movement.

>> I obtain the eight:
>>
>> - Tx horizontal translation
>> - Ty vertical translation
>> - Tz depth translation
>> - Rx pitch angle
>> - Ry yaw angle
>> - Rz roll angle
>> - Sx horizontal shear angle
>> - Sy vertical shear angle
>>
>> and POV-Ray can represent those all. This already have been discussed
in
>> <news://povray.advanced-users> because I'm modelling the 3D motion.
>>
>> The issue here, is just to make POV-Ray quiet when I'm rendering...
>
> Here is what was done with a sequence at Mont Saint-Michel...
>

> There are three parts to the video, corresponding to three measures
> of the optical-flow: IODP, Farneback and DualTVL1. This gives three
> measures of different monocular depth (Temporal Disparity), quality
> growing. What is shown is that one can as well see the relief of a
> scene, with two eyes in stereo, or with one eye in mono through
> movement.
>
> Let's experiment... You can either see the relief by closing one eye
> moving, or with both eyes without moving. Movement (as with TV, and
> without glasses) allows you to perceive the relief! There is no need
> to be equipped with a virtual reality headset (VR).

Here is a similar demonstration with a sequence at Notre-Dame...

     <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_J0l_B5A2s>

With these conditions, the drone is flying in a transverse direction.
The monocular depth (temporal disparity) is therefore measured
horizontally. The trajectory is reconstructed in a birdview, at a
constant altitude. There is a yaw rotation (Ry). The four shown
displacement components are <Tx,Ty,Tz,Ry>. All mosaics representing
perspective registration measure have an inter-correlation index
that is not below 60%.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

--