POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : [Q] POV-Ray in command line : Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line Server Time
18 Apr 2024 22:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Q] POV-Ray in command line
From: Francois LE COAT
Date: 26 Jun 2021 09:51:19
Message: <60d730d7$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

d26749e0d00ba5e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/propeller2_dragonfly.png?ttop
=432863&toff=950>

>>> Great =)
>>>
>>> The goal is modelling the trajectory and the visible relief with a
>>> simple video, using the images from Ingenuity's camera, like in :
>>>
>>> <https://hebergement.universite-paris-saclay.fr/lecoat/demoweb/tempor
al_disparity.html>

>>> the video is <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzWu7zwdJSk> Do you
>>> remember that we talked about translate <Tx,Ty,Tz>, rotate
>>> <Rx,Ry,Rz> and shear (or skew) angles <Sx,Sy,0> for the camera ?
>>> Then we can deduce the trajectory, and the monocular depth.
>>>
>>> You'll see what it gives on Mars, if you haven't seen it in a
>>> forest, with a drone, in winter ... This is spectacular :-)
>>
>> I recently worked a little further on the trajectory of the drone...
>>

>> Instead of using uniquely Ry (yaw) and Tz (translation), I also used
>> Tx (translation) and Rz (roll) to reconstruct the trajectory. I couldn
't
>> use Ty (translation) and Rx (pitch) because it is not looking like a
>> valid camera displacement. I have no real explanation.
>>
>> But the aspect of the drone's trajectory is looking better ...
>
> I worked on the sixth flight of the "Ingenuity" helicopter on Mars...
>

> Unfortunately, there was an incident with the dated flight information
> and the video sources from the NASA aren't so good for processing :-(
> I wish we will have a color video, from the second embedded camera :-)

If you read the comment from the NASA about the 8th flight of Ingenuity:

<https://mars.nasa.gov/technology/helicopter/status/308>

you understand that there was no color camera acquisition for the 7th
and the 8th flight on Mars. This was due to the incident on the 6th
flight, and a conflict between acquisition of the two embedded cameras.
Let's hope for subsequent flights of the helicopter, that NASA has fixed
the horodating problem. Let's hope we will have a color video from Mars.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

--

<http://eureka.atari.org/>