POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : MegaPov 0.6a Available Server Time
18 May 2024 04:46:41 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov 0.6a Available (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Nathan Kopp
Subject: MegaPov 0.6a Available
Date: 16 Oct 2000 01:23:22
Message: <39ea90ca$1@news.povray.org>
We are happy to announce the release of MegaPov 0.6a.  This is a bugfix
release to clean up some problems with MegaPov 0.6.

Windows:
http://nathan.kopp.com/patched.htm
Macintosh:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh
DOS:
http://www.stuartgibson.com/

The demo scenes can be viewed on-line at Smellenbergh's site:
http://users.skynet.be/smellenbergh (click on the "Demos" link in the
navigation bar on the left).

Here are the changes for MegaPov 0.6a:

* Fixed a bug in the proximity patch. If no sample_weight vector was given
it was filled with random values, giving different results for each
rendering.
* In isosurface statistics, max gradient is reported again
* Fixed more memory leaks in isosurface
* julia sqr and power (^) now allowed without version unofficial xx
specifier: it is a legal keyword in POV-Ray 3.1
* In the manual updated section 8.9 displace warp
* In the manual corrected  9.20: the formula used is:
Red*0.3+Green*0.59+Blue*0.11
* In DoPostProcess() in postproc.c give an error if for some reason the
input file could not be opened. Previously MegaPOV would crash.
* density file is now positioned from 0 to 1 again. We changed that in 0.6
but obviously this was incorrect. It crashed MP often too. Files written by
the df3 patch are now flipped so that the result is correct.
* df3 in i_dat3d now works again. This was listed as fixed in MP 0.6 but
only now in 0.6a this is realy fixed!
* Updated the displacement warp patch to MP+0.3.2. This adds the type
keyword.
* Fixed bug in transform when used like this: "transform {
DeclaredMyTrans }"

Enjoy!

-The MegaPov Team

Post a reply to this message