POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.6a Available : Re: MegaPov 0.6a Available Server Time
1 Jun 2024 16:53:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.6a Available
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 16 Oct 2000 12:24:05
Message: <39eb2ba5$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote...
>   Some files have capital letters in their names but they are included all
> in lower-case.
>   This is a problem. The #included file name should be exactly the same as
> the file name (case sensitive). Either the #include has to be renamed or
> the file name itself has to be renamed to lower case (probably best
solution).
>   I can automatically convert all file names to lowercase with a
relatively
> short unix command, but all unix users might not know enough to do it.
> It would be best that the files were in lowercase in the zip-file itself.

I apologize for this.  It seems to me that each time I put together a
release, I'm having to fix those filenames.  I get new versions of the files
from a large variety of sources, and often times they come to me with the
first letter capitalized.  When I unzip new files, I lose the names that I
fixed last time.  And, unfortunately, I don't always catch each and every
file each and every time.  I have a little utility that renames all files to
lowercase, but I forgot to use it this time.

-Nathan