POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov 0.6a Available : Re: MegaPov 0.6a: manual correction for ss 8.9 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 15:54:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov 0.6a: manual correction for ss 8.9
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 16 Oct 2000 11:00:38
Message: <39EB1876.6DE59632@reading.ac.uk>
Hi Nathan,

The manual gives the displace warp syntax as

warp { displace { PATTERN, COLOR_MAP } type TYPE }

which is what went into the MP+ manual as well.

I understand the correct syntax (at least, it works for me) is

warp { displace { PIGMENT_BODY type TYPE } }

which means you can put in anything from a declared pigment name to a
full compound pigment pattern ...

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.