POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Bicubic Patch Object Server Time
18 Jun 2024 10:59:39 EDT (-0400)
  Bicubic Patch Object (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Earl and Aurelia Ehrig
Subject: Bicubic Patch Object
Date: 27 Jul 1999 08:30:32
Message: <379DA987.65F0068@madmac.com>
I'm attempting to learn POV-Ray 3.1e and I'm using the MacUnofficial
program in conjunction with POV.  I'm going through the POV-Ray manual
and I come up to the Bicubic Patch section which refers to the use of on
Intel program to create a Bicubic Patch object.  Consequently, I go into
the MacUnofficial version to create a bicubic patch.  Now my question is
how could I have created the same object as outlined in the POV-Ray
manual using the Unofficial version.  My understanding regarding the
Unofficial version of bicubic patch building is that this program
creates only one single patch?  Is this right?  If so how can I use this
Unofficial version to elaborate on the bicubic patch or add to it to
create an object?  Is there another program that can help me do this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

> I'm attempting to learn POV-Ray 3.1e and I'm using the MacUnofficial
> program in conjunction with POV.  I'm going through the POV-Ray manual
> and I come up to the Bicubic Patch section which refers to the use of on
> Intel program to create a Bicubic Patch object.  Consequently, I go into
> the MacUnofficial version to create a bicubic patch.  Now my question is
> how could I have created the same object as outlined in the POV-Ray
> manual using the Unofficial version.  My understanding regarding the
> Unofficial version of bicubic patch building is that this program
> creates only one single patch?  Is this right?  If so how can I use this
> Unofficial version to elaborate on the bicubic patch or add to it to
> create an object?  Is there another program that can help me do this?
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Post a reply to this message

Do you have the latest URL for Patchdance? I downloaded it a long time ago and
it doens't work, and I've lost the address.

Thanks

Joshua
eng### [at] spiritonecom

Steve wrote:

> PatchDance for the Mac is ok.
>
> steve
>
> Earl and Aurelia Ehrig wrote:
>
> > I'm attempting to learn POV-Ray 3.1e and I'm using the MacUnofficial
> > program in conjunction with POV.  I'm going through the POV-Ray manual
> > and I come up to the Bicubic Patch section which refers to the use of on
> > Intel program to create a Bicubic Patch object.  Consequently, I go into
> > the MacUnofficial version to create a bicubic patch.  Now my question is
> > how could I have created the same object as outlined in the POV-Ray
> > manual using the Unofficial version.  My understanding regarding the
> > Unofficial version of bicubic patch building is that this program
> > creates only one single patch?  Is this right?  If so how can I use this
> > Unofficial version to elaborate on the bicubic patch or add to it to
> > create an object?  Is there another program that can help me do this?
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

Post a reply to this message