POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Announce MegaPOV 0.7 Carbonized version! Server Time
18 May 2024 05:34:34 EDT (-0400)
  Announce MegaPOV 0.7 Carbonized version! (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: smellenbergh
Subject: Announce MegaPOV 0.7 Carbonized version!
Date: 6 Feb 2001 01:28:52
Message: <1enyb74.1f9eou21xsmvlsN%smellenbergh@skynet.be>
MacMegaPOV is now also available as a carbonized version.
This version runs on any PPC Mac with MacOS X Public Beta.

It also runs on any PPC Mac with MacOS version 8.1 or later if:
* Navigation Services are installed;
* Appearance Manger 1.1 or later is installed:
* CarbonLib 1.0.4 or later is installed.
All three extentions can be downloaded for free from www.apple.com.

If your OS meets the criteria, we recommend you download the carbonized
version because in the future, this will be the only version remaining.

For now you can also download a version that will run on systems prior
to 8.1. A minimum is 7.5.1 but 7.5.3 is recommended.
There is more help available on our home page to make sure you donwload
the right version.

Please also note that 0.7 is the last version for 68k machines, even our
last 68k beta testers have moved on to a PowerPC. There aren't enough
downloads to justify those versions :-(

Some additional info is in the readme file, included in all archives.
Please read it!!!

As always, we love to hear your comments. We also would like to get some
feedback on the carbonized version, certainly if you run on MacOS X!

Thanks!

Enjoy!

Yvo & Rene Smellenbergh

--