POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Lab: plans and discussions Server Time
24 Apr 2024 17:38:55 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Lab: plans and discussions (Message 35 to 44 of 44)
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: POV-Lab: plans and discussions
Date: 12 Feb 2023 13:15:00
Message: <web.63e92bd31a3112301f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
..pov file:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'remapcolormap.pov.txt' (15 KB)

From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Feb 2023 13:50:00
Message: <web.63e9348c1a3112301f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
and then to shift the color values around in a non-linear mapping, just paste:

//  Modify color map index
  //#local NewIndex =  pow (NewIndex, 2);  // squared
  //#local NewIndex =  pow (NewIndex, 0.5);  // sqrt
  #local NewIndex =  sin (NewIndex * pi/2);

right below
#local NewIndex =  ReMap (Min, Max, 0, 1, OldIndex);

in macro FixColorMapArray.

Enjoy!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: