POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Lab: plans and discussions : Re: POV-Lab: plans and discussions Server Time
4 May 2024 10:20:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Lab: plans and discussions
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Feb 2023 06:30:00
Message: <web.63ea1e621a3112301f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>

> Bill and Tor, many thanks for your explanations! I had not been aware of
> this until now. Going to have a good look and play happily in the
> POV-garden for a while. :-)

Sure thing.
I also do this sort of thing for sphere sweeps and prisms - all the data gets
put into an array, and then I can make a spline for the sphere sweep, or use a
loop and grab the xz data for the prism.

I can always move "forward" from an array, since the data is always fully
accessible for anything I want to use it for.  I can't go "backward" if that
data is hard-coded into some other single-purpose container.