POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : density question Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  density question (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Jettero Heller
Subject: density question
Date: 13 Mar 2003 13:20:09
Message: <web.3e70ca66907276e0a3d219970@news.povray.org>
You guys are all so helpful.  This is my third question.  Thanks everyone.

#declare halo = object {
   // yadda yadda shapes yadda yadda lathes
   // something like conically shapped, but not really
    media {
       emission light_clr
       density {
          cylindrical scale 0.75
       }
    }
}

That's _almost_ what I want.  Actually I want for the media to be the
precise shape of the halo object in question... which is closer to conically
shaped that cylindrical.  Actualy, I misspoke.  The media is the precise
shape of the halo, the density falls off cylindrically though...

How can I make the emission falloff as I move away from the y-axis, in the
shape of the halo object instead of cylindrically?

Post a reply to this message

"Jettero Heller" <pov### [at] voltar-confedorg> wrote

> How can I make the emission falloff as I move away from the y-axis, in the
> shape of the halo object instead of cylindrically?

    Have you tried "absorption"?

---

>"Jettero Heller" <pov### [at] voltar-confedorg> wrote
>>
>> How can I make the emission falloff as I move away from the y-axis, in the
>> shape of the halo object instead of cylindrically?
>
>    Have you tried "absorption"?

No, but from the docs that doesn't really do what I want.  I want for my
emission hase to be brighter toward the center of the cone and weaker near
the edges.  Absorbtion appears to just absorb a color... if you wanted it
to absorb more in the middle, you're back to using density {} again.

Post a reply to this message