POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updating the Portfolio Server Time
19 Apr 2024 07:45:22 EDT (-0400)
  Updating the Portfolio (Message 1 to 6 of 6)  
From: Josh English
Subject: Updating the Portfolio
Date: 20 Feb 2023 20:41:10
Message: <63f42136$1@news.povray.org>
Has anyone taken on the task of updating the portfolio generation? The 
current portfolio generation files were written for smaller screens and 
slower computers, I think.

I've been thinking about creating my own portfolio package but I don't 
want to tread over someone else's work.

Josh


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Updating the Portfolio
Date: 21 Feb 2023 06:40:00
Message: <web.63f4ad0bfedc34aa1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
> Has anyone taken on the task of updating the portfolio generation? The
> current portfolio generation files were written for smaller screens and
> slower computers, I think.
>
> I've been thinking about creating my own portfolio package but I don't
> want to tread over someone else's work.
>
> Josh

This was kicked around ~jun/jul 2021, but .... there was a lot going on in the
world, and it doesn't appear like TPTB are letting up or that  TEOTWAWKI is
slowing down any.

I'm sure if theis was someone's primary focus and could coordinate enough
effort, we might be able to make it at least past the half-way point.

But there are a LOT of files to design, debug, render, and tweak.

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C60dc75ac%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=439641&toff=100

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3Cweb.60cd041ea18f97d91f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.60d7ddd3fd55868d1f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop
=439646&toff=150

There may be another thread around that time as well.

- Bill


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Updating the Portfolio
Date: 22 Feb 2023 03:00:18
Message: <63f5cb92$1@news.povray.org>
Op 21/02/2023 om 12:37 schreef Bald Eagle:
> Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
>> Has anyone taken on the task of updating the portfolio generation? The
>> current portfolio generation files were written for smaller screens and
>> slower computers, I think.
>>
>> I've been thinking about creating my own portfolio package but I don't
>> want to tread over someone else's work.
>>
>> Josh
> 
> This was kicked around ~jun/jul 2021, but .... there was a lot going on in the
> world, and it doesn't appear like TPTB are letting up or that  TEOTWAWKI is
> slowing down any.
> 
> I'm sure if theis was someone's primary focus and could coordinate enough
> effort, we might be able to make it at least past the half-way point.
> 

<sigh> almost feels like prehistory... :/

At that time I was still optimistic about contributing something 
substantial on these matters. In the mean time RL (increasing 
debilitating health problems, for my wife especially, and me) is 
encroaching more and more on my already scarce POV activities, so... I 
am afraid I shall stand on the side walk and watch things pass by... :-(

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: ingo
Subject: Re: Updating the Portfolio
Date: 22 Feb 2023 03:50:00
Message: <web.63f5d66ffedc34aa17bac71e8ffb8ce3@news.povray.org>
Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
> [...]The current portfolio generation files were written for smaller screens
> and slower computers, I think.

I wrote it to have something to flick through quickly in a browser. The insert
menu of the windows gui was not as extensive as it is now. Maybe it is something
to merge these things, also get the insert menu items into a html version. To be
honest, I never used it that much as I anticipated.

ingo


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: Updating the Portfolio
Date: 22 Feb 2023 13:50:00
Message: <web.63f663ccfedc34aa1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
In the mean time RL (increasing
> debilitating health problems, for my wife especially, and me) is
> encroaching more and more on my already scarce POV activities, so... I
> am afraid I shall stand on the side walk and watch things pass by... :-(


Hi Thomas,

I am sorry to hear that you're having such difficulties.  I hope that you and
your wife can get the care and comfort that you need.

I will keep the two of you in my thoughts, and I pray that things improve for
you both.

-BW


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Updating the Portfolio
Date: 23 Feb 2023 02:53:53
Message: <63f71b91$1@news.povray.org>
Op 22/02/2023 om 19:49 schreef Bald Eagle:
> Hi Thomas,
> 
> I am sorry to hear that you're having such difficulties.  I hope that you and
> your wife can get the care and comfort that you need.
> 
> I will keep the two of you in my thoughts, and I pray that things improve for
> you both.
> 
Thanks Bill, I much appreciate it.
There is not much we can do (gradual polyneuropathy for my wife). We 
(still) manage but it is getting more difficult.

Anyway, I am glad POV-Ray exists! It helps me along.

So, lets talk shop, shall we?  :-)

-- 
Thomas


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.