POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updating the Portfolio : Re: Updating the Portfolio Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updating the Portfolio
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Feb 2023 03:00:18
Message: <63f5cb92$1@news.povray.org>
Op 21/02/2023 om 12:37 schreef Bald Eagle:
> Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
>> Has anyone taken on the task of updating the portfolio generation? The
>> current portfolio generation files were written for smaller screens and
>> slower computers, I think.
>>
>> I've been thinking about creating my own portfolio package but I don't
>> want to tread over someone else's work.
>>
>> Josh
>
> This was kicked around ~jun/jul 2021, but .... there was a lot going on in the
> world, and it doesn't appear like TPTB are letting up or that  TEOTWAWKI is
> slowing down any.
>
> I'm sure if theis was someone's primary focus and could coordinate enough
> effort, we might be able to make it at least past the half-way point.

<sigh> almost feels like prehistory... :/

At that time I was still optimistic about contributing something
substantial on these matters. In the mean time RL (increasing
debilitating health problems, for my wife especially, and me) is
encroaching more and more on my already scarce POV activities, so... I
am afraid I shall stand on the side walk and watch things pass by... :-(

--
Thomas