POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Updating the Portfolio : Re: Updating the Portfolio Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:55:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Updating the Portfolio
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Feb 2023 06:40:00
Message: <web.63f4ad0bfedc34aa1f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org>
Josh English <Jos### [at] joshuarenglishcom> wrote:
> Has anyone taken on the task of updating the portfolio generation? The
> current portfolio generation files were written for smaller screens and
> slower computers, I think.
>
> I've been thinking about creating my own portfolio package but I don't
> want to tread over someone else's work.
>
> Josh

This was kicked around ~jun/jul 2021, but .... there was a lot going on in the
world, and it doesn't appear like TPTB are letting up or that  TEOTWAWKI is
slowing down any.

I'm sure if theis was someone's primary focus and could coordinate enough
effort, we might be able to make it at least past the half-way point.

But there are a LOT of files to design, debug, render, and tweak.

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C60dc75ac%241%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=439641&toff=100

http://news.povray.org/povray.beta-test/thread/%3Cweb.60cd041ea18f97d91f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.60d7ddd3fd55868d1f9dae3025979125%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop
=439646&toff=150

There may be another thread around that time as well.

- Bill