POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV in optics Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  POV in optics (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Gianluca Massaccesi
Subject: POV in optics
Date: 2 Mar 2004 11:41:53
Message: <4044b951@news.povray.org>
Do you think POV can be used to model optic phenomena?
In detail I would like to model a light guide: giving the geometri of the
glass guide, and the source at one end I would like to measure the light
energy emetted at the second end.
Do you think it is possible to obtain the value of the energy escaping or
hitting a surface?

Thank you for your help

Post a reply to this message

> Do you think POV can be used to model optic phenomena?
> In detail I would like to model a light guide: giving the geometri of the
> glass guide, and the source at one end I would like to measure the light
> energy emetted at the second end.
> Do you think it is possible to obtain the value of the energy escaping or
> hitting a surface?
>
> Thank you for your help

Unfortunately POV-Ray is not designed for physics simulation, it rather
tries to provide funtionalities that allow artists to make things LOOK
LIKE real. So you won't be able to do what you want.

JC

--
http://exether.free.fr/irtc (more IRTC stats !)

Post a reply to this message