POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Possibility to assign photons to certain material? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  Possibility to assign photons to certain material? (Message 1 to 10 of 24)
From: Severi Salminen
Subject: Possibility to assign photons to certain material?
Date: 9 Feb 2004 18:32:52
Message: <402818a4$1@news.povray.org>
Hi!

Is there a way to assign a (photon) TARGET keyword to a certain
material? I'd like to make everything that is made of glass a photon
target and now I have to specify TARGET individually to every glass
object. If it is not possible, it would certainly be a most welcome
feature - if feature wishes for the next relase can be made :-)

Severi S.

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a way to assign a (photon) TARGET keyword to a certain
> material? I'd like to make everything that is made of glass a photon
> target and now I have to specify TARGET individually to every glass
> object. If it is not possible, it would certainly be a most welcome
> feature - if feature wishes for the next relase can be made :-)

Maybe use macro instead

#macro matGlass()
  material { _matGlass }
  photons { ... }
#end

object { xxx matGlass() }

--
#macro g(U,V)(.4*abs(sin(9*sqrt(pow(x-U,2)+pow(y-V,2))))*pow(1-min(1,(sqrt(
pow(x-U,2)+pow(y-V,2))*.3)),2)+.9)#end#macro p(c)#if(c>1)#local l=mod(c,100

Post a reply to this message