POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light_group question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  light_group question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: jkb
Subject: light_group question
Date: 21 Apr 2002 00:29:20
Message: <3cc24020$1@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to use light_group to light a plane and then general scene lights
to light a sphere and have it cast a shadow on the plane, but I am getting
two shadows on the plane--one from the general light and one from the
light_group light that isn't supposed to be illuminating the sphere. Why is
this occuring? Is there a way to get it to do what I want it to?

See image and code in p.b.i

Thanks,
jkb

Post a reply to this message

"jkb" <joh### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use light_group to light a plane and then general scene
lights
> to light a sphere and have it cast a shadow on the plane, but I am getting
> two shadows on the plane--one from the general light and one from the
> light_group light that isn't supposed to be illuminating the sphere. Why
is
> this occuring? Is there a way to get it to do what I want it to?

You're global_lights .7 is seen as global_lights 1 since it is apparently
rounded up. That keyword operates according to on off, 1 0, yes no, true
false. Change that and you'll get one shadow.

bob h

Post a reply to this message