POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : image map problem (Moray) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:25:08 EDT (-0400)
  image map problem (Moray) (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: sshelby
Subject: image map problem (Moray)
Date: 26 Nov 2000 13:25:57
Message: <3a2155b5@news.povray.org>
I have a Moray .mdl file (a golfball)  on which I have been trying to apply
an image map, which consists of the word "victor" in dark blue on a plain
white background. I set up everything in the material editor the way it is
supposed to be, and it shows perfectly in the material editor preview
window, but when I render, the ball is just plain white with no lettering.
I've spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, but nothing I do
changes it. What could the problem be?
Steve Shelby
ssh### [at] rexnetnet

Post a reply to this message

"sshelby" <ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote in message
> I have a Moray .mdl file (a golfball)  on which I have been trying to
apply
> an image map, which consists of the word "victor" in dark blue on a plain
> white background. I set up everything in the material editor the way it is
> supposed to be, and it shows perfectly in the material editor preview
> window, but when I render, the ball is just plain white with no lettering.
> I've spent hours trying to figure out what is wrong, but nothing I do
> changes it. What could the problem be?
> Steve Shelby
> ssh### [at] rexnetnet

I've had this problem; unless someone tells me different, Moray tends to
subtlely mess up image maps; it's there, just translated to a funny
position. Try exporting POV-Ray code and altering the image map there.

HTH

Chris

Post a reply to this message