POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Large Images Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering Large Images (Message 8 to 17 of 27)
<<< Previous 7 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 10 Messages >>>
From: Peter Cracknell
Subject: Re: Rendering Large Images
Date: 12 Nov 2000 16:02:24
Message: <3a0f0560@news.povray.org>
Er yeah but my computer is in my bedroom, and its an AMD TBird, yes it has
one hell of a fan and too top it off, my GFx card likes to overheat every so
often so I leave the lid of making it even more delightful.

A bit of insomnia doesn't help either :)

Peter Cracknell (.com)

"Robert J Becraft" <cas### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Why do you stop your render at night?  I have found that I get upwards of
> 7-8 hours of good rendertime by leaving my machine cranking while I sleep.
> Not only that, but if you get up and go to work, you will typically find
> that you have upwards of 15-17 hours or more worth of machine time that
you
> aren't on it messing with it.
>
> Robert J Becraft
> aka cas### [at] aolcom
>
> Peter Cracknell <pc### [at] lineonenet> wrote in message
> > I've been rendering at 2048*1536 and found that if I stop and resume it
> > later (ie all day, then turn it off at night, then continue the next
day)
> > visible line occurs from where the render starts again.  My 4 day render
> for
> > example has three visible lines, where it appers to get lighter; is
there
> > anyway to stop this apart from leaving it rendering constantly?  This
> could
> > be a fault of Moray, but to be honest I'm suspecting its just something
> I'm
> > doing wrong with POV.  Thanks
> >
> > Peter Cracknell (.com)

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:03:09 -0000, Peter Cracknell wrote...
> Er yeah but my computer is in my bedroom, and its an AMD TBird, yes it has
> one hell of a fan and too top it off, my GFx card likes to overheat every so
> often so I leave the lid of making it even more delightful.

That's pretty close to the reason that I don't leave my machine on
overnight.  Without the overheating graphics card bit or the insomnia
bit.

I find it annoying to sleep with my head about five feet from a couple of
computer fans.

Bye for now,
     Jamie.

Post a reply to this message

>I find it annoying to sleep with my head about five feet from a couple of
>computer fans.

Same here, except in my case it's four feet.  Additionally, if the hard disk
spins down, it sounds like a jet airplane taking off when it starts up
again.

--
Mark

Post a reply to this message

> Er yeah but my computer is in my bedroom, and its an AMD TBird, yes it has
> one hell of a fan and too top it off, my GFx card likes to overheat every so
> often so I leave the lid of making it even more delightful.

Well, if I can put up with the six fans in my computer...

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee