POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Large Images Server Time
30 Jul 2024 04:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Rendering Large Images (Message 11 to 20 of 27)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 7 Messages >>>
From: Margus Ramst
Subject: Re: Rendering Large Images
Date: 13 Nov 2000 07:09:15
Message: <3A0FDA17.FD1D3C08@peak.edu.ee>
Peter Cracknell wrote:

> Er yeah but my computer is in my bedroom, and its an AMD TBird, yes it has
> one hell of a fan and too top it off, my GFx card likes to overheat every so
> often so I leave the lid of making it even more delightful.

Well, if I can put up with the six fans in my computer...

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee

From: Gail Shaw
Date: 13 Nov 2000 07:37:03
Message: <3a0fe06f@news.povray.org>
Margus Ramst <mar### [at] peakeduee> wrote in message

> I can state for a fact that with MegaPOV it is possible to continue a
radiosity
> render without problems.

What code needs adding to allow that?

I assume save_file the first time and load_file when the render is
continued. Anything else?

I really want to render a bigger version of a scene I've got with radiosity,
but I estimate rendering time of over 50 hours

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * System.dat not found.         *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Reformat hard drive Y)es O)k  *
* If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0               *

> Er yeah but my computer is in my bedroom, and its an AMD TBird, yes it has
> one hell of a fan and too top it off, my GFx card likes to overheat every so
> often so I leave the lid of making it even more delightful.

An iMac has no fan at all and they don't overhead either...

     Thorsten

Post a reply to this message

> > Er yeah but my computer is in my bedroom, and its an AMD TBird, yes it
has
> > one hell of a fan and too top it off, my GFx card likes to overheat
every so
> > often so I leave the lid of making it even more delightful.
>
> An iMac has no fan at all and they don't overhead either...
>

>      Thorsten

Post a reply to this message