POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering Large Images : Re: Rendering Large Images Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering Large Images
From: Chris Huff
Date: 13 Nov 2000 20:39:08
Message: <chrishuff-CA2A61.20391913112000@news.povray.org>
In article <3A109068.E5362B38@unforgettable.com>,
inq### [at] unforgettablecom wrote:

> It would run Moray if the the coders weren't too lazy or too incompetent
> to write a Mac version.

Or if they had the time, tools, and knowledge to do so...programming
isn't always easy, and learning to program for a new platform is a lot
of work.
Anyway, we have plenty of free and shareware modellers. From what I saw
of Moray(running it in emulation under SoftWindows), there wasn't much
special about it except POV output and mostly POV-specific features. And
besides, would a Mac version of Moray be any good? Mac ports of PC
software often aren't, especially when ported by someone new to
programming Macs and who doesn't actually use Macs.
Hmm, maybe my next Cocoa project should be a simple POV modeller for OS
X...with a scripting language, of course. :-)

--
Christopher James Huff

<><