POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux/Unix Survey Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:36 EDT (-0400)
  Linux/Unix Survey (Message 11 to 20 of 94)
From: Wolfgang Landauer
Subject: Re: Linux/Unix Survey
Date: 12 Apr 2003 14:20:09
Message: <20030412182053.1D9.0.NOFFLE@ID-35955.news.dfncis.de>
Ken killed the keyboard with:

[snip]

Platform is A Linux From Scratch system
kernel ver.: 2.4.20-xfs, glibc 2.3.2, gcc-3.2.2
Linux: 5 years, Povray since ver. 3.1
Installed versions of povray: 3.50c and simpov 0.1

HTH

Wolfgang
--
   .-.   This is Linux Country.
   /v\   On a quiet night, you

Post a reply to this message

From: Christopher James Huff
Date: 12 Apr 2003 14:27:37
Message: <cjameshuff-E3432A.14273812042003@netplex.aussie.org>
In article <3E983F78.51A4D6FD@pacbell.net>, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how many
> people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have it
> installed please respond to this message telling us on what version of
> Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of POV-Ray
> you are currently running. This information will be used to help better
> support this platform.

Blue Box:
Mac OS X 10.2.5
350MHz PowerPC G3
384MB RAM
gcc (GCC) 3.1 20020420 (prerelease)

I've been using Mac OS X since the Public Beta.

Black Box:
Mandrake Linux 9.0
AthlonXP 2400+
512MB RAM
gcc (GCC) 3.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-1mdk)

And I've been using this since about last Christmas, when I got the
machine.

On both machines, I generally use jEdit to edit the scene files, and run
POV (compiled from source) from the command line. Recently I've
installed MegaPOV 1.0 on the Mac, and will probably be using that when I
need to do something locally on that machine.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
http://tag.povray.org/

Post a reply to this message