POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Blured Shadows Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Blured Shadows (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: James Jackson
Subject: Blured Shadows
Date: 3 Jan 2002 16:44:42
Message: <3C34D21C.50506@jamesjackson.info>
In POVRay, if using a spotlight, the shadows are perfectly defined. We
all know in real life this doesn't happen, due to the diffraction of
light as it passes an interface between two media. Of course, POVRay
deals with the particular nature of light, not the wave nature, so how
do we get it to blur shadows according t distance from casting object
without resorting to area lights?

Cheers,
James Jackson.

Post a reply to this message

> In POVRay, if using a spotlight, the shadows are perfectly defined. We
> all know in real life this doesn't happen, due to the diffraction of
> light as it passes an interface between two media. Of course, POVRay
> deals with the particular nature of light, not the wave nature, so how
> do we get it to blur shadows according t distance from casting object
> without resorting to area lights?

area_lights?

--
#local T=text{ttf"timrom.ttf""Simon Adameit".01,0}#local Y=1;#while(Y>-1)
#local X=0;#while(X<7)#local O=trace(T<X,Y><X,Y>+z);cylinder{<X-3,Y,5>*.01

Post a reply to this message